Wednesday, July 19, 2006

superbikers

I finished and launched a site for the Oklahoma Superbikers last night. I'm pretty happy with it, mainly becuase i figured out (with a little help from steve) how to make blogger feed the content. Every section on the site except for the galleries is fed by a blog. What makes that special? anybody that can figure out how to use blogger.com can update their site at will. that means they don't have to bug me to update, or pay someone else to do it.

there are still a couple of things I'd like to improve. One is the banner on top. I'd like to find a better, clearer picture. The other is that the site is really tall to accomidate the longer sections without creating a second scroll bar in the content window (like this site has in the longer sections - YXR100). I figured out how to make the window as big as it needs to be automatically according to how long the content is using CSS (cascading style sheets). CSS is amazing and i'm excited to learn more about it. I'm going to try to get around to redo-ing the site in CSS, but i dont' know when i'll be able to make that happen. for now it'll have to do as is cause i have to go home and put together a dirt bike motor.

No comments: