Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Other Kids

I stumbled upon this flickr stream today. There isn't anything special about it (except for the bondage), but i found it interesting that while looking at it i was thinking "these kids look alot like us". I'm not sure where they're from... Germany? Poland? Sweden? The point is that I / we forget that there are young people all over the world that probably look, act and experience all the same things as the young, naive, american public.

it just reminds me how much i missed out on when i didn't get my ass over to Europe for my backpacking trip. i can still do it, but i probably won't. there is just too many other things going on in life now... its sad, but these commitments and activities that have taken over my free time and money are positive things in my life, so i guess i can't complain. i bet my trip would be a lot different now than it would have been 6 years ago.... i bet i'd remember a lot more.

No comments: