Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Official Class Champions

We just wrapped up the CMRA Mini Endurance season last weekend at Oak Hill Raceway in east Texas. This was my first year doing an entire cmra season, and it was a lot of fun. If i remember right we one every race except for 2 second places. That puts us way ahead of the field in points and we've earned ourselves the Class Championship. Not sure what we get for that yet, but it should be some form of trophy or plaque along with some contingency money from a few vendors that we use such as Komodo Leathers and Bridgestone Tires.

The race on Saturday went well. I really enjoy riding roger's xr100. its very well set up, predictable and all around a worry free bike. Roger owns his own shop called OnRoad OffRoad Cycles (254 853 4852) in Austin, TX. He does a lot of work on European bikes and specializes in suspension and electrical i believe. as far as i can tell, he's pretty damn good at what he does. i was doing very consistan 1:58s, and my fastest lap was a 1:57.9. one second slower than my best at that track. We finished 2 or 3 laps ahead of second. their fastest laps were around the 1:52 range. They've got a crazy fast little KLX110, but somehow we beat them.

This weekend is my last race with TMGP for the year (i'll be in NYC during the last round), so starting next weekend I'll finally get the chance to go play in the dirt with my new toy. It sounds like they're going to let us do a night race on saturday night under the lights. It'll be my first time. I hear its pretty fun. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: